SVN Mirror ; Lic. SEN : SEN-7501845

We’ve problems setting new SVN Mirror sync’s, details on versions appended below.

There are some 19 active sync’s with mappings “just like the 2 additional” we need create now.
We get two types of errors ; “Unable to load…” and “Unable to activate…” depending on what we attempt but no go at recreating old established sync-patterns.

“Unable to activate configuration file ‘/PATH/…/subgit/config’”

“Unable to load Subversion configuration at ‘/PATH/…/subgit/config’”

Hello John,

frankly said, I haven’t understood the setup and the issue to the very end, could you please explain it in a little more details? Namely, do I understand correctly you have 19 active mirrors on the SubGit server and you are trying to configure 2 more mirrored repositories? Are all of those repositories configured as independent mirror or do they share the same SubGit daemon? What is the issue you are getting trying to configure those two new mirrored repositories and what is the stage of configuration where the issue arises? And where do you see those errors you mentioned?

Hello John,

please disregard my previous response, I hadn’t noticed you were talking about SVN Mirror add-on and thought the problem was SubGit-related. Yet the questions are still actual, could you please share us more details on the setup and the actions you were performing?

Hi Ildar, thanks for getting back to us.

we’ve a number of old syncs setup that works and has a mapping as per below;

mrepo_code.ss ;

trunk = nonexisting:refs/heads/nonexisting

branches = mrepo/branches/mrepo_code.ss/:refs/heads/

tags = mrepo/tags/mrepo_code.ss/:refs/tags/

shelves = mrepo/shelves/mrepo_code.ss/:refs/shelves/

The “unconventional” way of mapping trunk is deliberate; the project don’t want to use trunk and it’s worked to setup this way before, although not now with two new mirrorsetups ordered as “sub-mrepo-syncs”.

Made up names obviously but mrepo (“main repo”) now needs two additional sub-repos xyz and qwerty ;

mrepo_xyz.ss ;

branches = mrepo/branches/mrepo_xyz.ss/:refs/heads/

tags = mrepo/tags/mrepo_xyz.ss/:refs/tags/

shelves = mrepo/shelves/mrepo_xyz.ss/:refs/shelves/

mrepo_qwerty.ss ;

branches = mrepo/branches/mrepo_qwerty.ss/:refs/heads/

tags = mrepo/tags/mrepo_qwerty.ss/:refs/tags/

shelves = mrepo/shelves/mrepo_qwerty.ss/:refs/shelves/

Attempts to map trunk as per the manual has led to “loop-back and contamination”, cleanup not yet complete, and this has made us more cautious in experimentint, your help much needed.

–best, john

image002.jpg

Hi John,

thanks for those details, yet some aspects are still not clear for me. First, you said

now needs two additional sub-repos xyz and qwerty ;

Could you please advise what do you mean saying “sub-repos”? And where exactly do you try to add those new repositories to? To the same old mrepo_code.ss or to separate Bitbucket projects? Also, where exactly do you add those new mapping configurations?

Hi again Ildar, not being an version-system expert my terminology might be less than crystal clear, sorry.

Meant to say that “mrepo_code.ss” is a separate named repo in bitbucket.

Same is true for some 11 more “mrepo_…’s”, all active and working.

At svn/subversion these maps in beneath a common “svn:/mrepo root” and appears beneath /mrepo/{branches,tags} / {mrepo_code.ss,mrepo_…#2, mrepo_…#3, …N}

This led me to describe the svn-side as “sub-repo’s”

So what we attempt to do is to add 2 more, in addition to the 12 active, sync’ed as ;

Bitbucket:mrepo_xyz.ss <=SVN Mirror=> SVN:/tpma/{branches,tags}/mrepo_xyz.ss

Bitbucket:mrepo_qwerty.ss <=SVN Mirror=> SVN:/tpma/{branches,tags}/mrepo_qwerty.ss

Obviously pseudo-code, I’ve already mailed these as SVN Mirror syntactic maps.

–best, john

image002.jpg

Hi John,

thank you for explanation.
So, you are just trying to configure 2 new mirrors in separate Bitbucket repositories called mrepo_xyz.ss and mrepo_qwerty.ss and you are getting those error when trying to apply the mapping configuration, right? I’d like to ask are those two Bitbucket repositories brand new or they have been existing for some time already? Also, were those repositories configured as mirrors with SVN Mirror add-on ever? The matter is that the error you mentioned:

Unable to activate configuration file ‘/PATH/…/subgit/config’
Unable to load Subversion configuration at ‘/PATH/…/subgit/config’

usually appear when existing mirror’s mapping configuration is being changed and the newly introduced changes cannot be applied. So I got the impression that there are mapping configurations in those Bitbucket repositories already and the configuration you are trying to set just incompatible with the existed one and that’s why the errors appear, could it be the case?