Svn mirror failed with Corrupt node-revision

Svn side already fixed this issue ,now we are able to checkout and commit the things into svn but looks like they removed entire revision of 285815 from svn but as per old history in bitbucket svn mirror is not able to synch

Thanks,

Manju NS

ACCC7CD69D5346C683333564B983B29C.png

Manjunatha, the matter is that the SVN issue has not been resolved completely – the add-on tries to get information about the revision from SVN but SVN fails to provide that information (which it must be able to provide) and reports the error 400 instead. Little that the add-on can do with that – again, just because the error comes from SVN in response to a regular operation – the error should be resolved in SVN instead.

i have excluded that corrupter branch and rebuild from rev 1 , that branch got removed from the list bit still faing with below error

and also it say’s un-synced commits , please find below error
6.1_do_not_branch this is the branch which is having corrupted things and i have removed from mirror now

can you please advise what i need to do for start working our mirror , we don’t want to mirror that corrupted branch anymore

Hello Manjunatha.

The problem is in SVN with the revision 285815. The add-on is not able to get that revision out from SVN. That error occurs in SVN and add-on can do nothing with it, it should be resolved in SVN.

Hi ,

Thanks for the support , we have fixed the issue in svn and all looks fine now

I have one more question now

We have mirrored multiple branches in Bitbucket and we wanted to stop mirroring some branches , how to do that ?

Our current branch mapping is like below

trunk = trunk:refs/heads/master

branches = branches/branch-1:refs/heads/branch-1

branches = branches/branch-2:refs/heads/branch-2

branches = branches/branch-3:refs/heads/ branch-3

I wanted to stop mirroring only branch-3 , can you please advise how to do that ?

Thanks,

Manju NS

3A2BA56E288C4D719CF91B382DA53CAB.png

Hello Manjunatha,

the straight and the most correct way to stop mirroring the branch is to exclude it from the mapping configuration. If you need the branch to stay in the repository, then it would worth first to make a copy of that branch under another name or in other Git namespace, and then remove the following line

branches = branches/branch-3:refs/heads/branch-3

from the mapping configuration. Note, however, that removing already mirrored branch from the mapping configuration requires repository rebuild, it cannot be applied on the fly.

There is also another way to stop mirroring the branch for your case, but I must warn you that this is not an intended way, but rather a “hacking” way. It will stop mirroring the branch, but it only applicable if the branch will never be added to the mirror again, otherwise it will break the mirror.
So, to stop mirroring the branch-3 on the “hacking” way remove the mapping line

branches = branches/branch-3:refs/heads/branch-3

in three places:

• first, remove it from the mapping configuration in the running config file
    BITBUCKET_HOME/shared/data/subgit/repositories/<REPOSITORY NUMBER>/subgit/.run/config
  • then remove it from the configured mapping file
    BITBUCKET_HOME/shared/data/subgit/repositories/<REPOSITORY NUMBER>/subgit/config
  • finally, remove it from the configuration in the SVN Mirror add-on user interface in the repository settings and press Apply changes. It should apply it immediately.

After that the branch will still be present both in SVN and Bitbucket, but it won’t be mirrored, so any commit to that branch will only be present on the side (SVN or Git) where it’s been made. I’d like to warn you once again, however, that this way is only applicable if the branch will never be mirrored again. If it cannot be guaranteed, better to stick with the former approach.