Are git users who pushed to branches that isn't synced to svn counted as licensed users?

Hello TMate

We are using starter lisence. We used the command “subgit configure --layout directory” for setup because we just wanted to sync svn trunk to git master(main) branch.
I have a question about license. Are git users who pushed to branches that isn’t synced to svn (in our case, other than master) counted as licensed users?

Kind Regards

Hiroyuki Aikawa

Hello Hiroyuki,

no, only users who pushes to mirrored branches are being counted as licensed users.

Thank you Ildar.
It is the specification I expected.

There’s one more thing I’d like to ask you about.
In the following case, is userA counted as licensed user?

1. branchA is created from one of a revision on master.
  2. userA commits on branchA.
  3. branchA is merged into master by userB.
  4. Master is pushed.

o committer: userB
| \
| o committer: userA
| /
o committer: userC

Hello Hiroyuki,

if depends on how the mirror is configured and how the branches are created and merged. If both branches A and master are pushed to the mirrored SubGit repository, then userA is counted. If only
master is pushed to the mirrored repo, then it depends how the A was merged – if it was an ff merge, for example, then userA will be counted; if, on contrary, it was a squash commit, the userA is not counted as the commit will appear in the mirrored repository authored by userB. The base line here is that if a user appears as an author of a commit pushed to mirrored repository, then they is counted as a licensed user.

Thank you for your prompt reply.
I understand.