Base checksum mismatch error

Hi,

We are facing an issue with SVN mirror plugin - ( SVN Mirror for Bitbucket Server v3.4.3 by TMate Software) installed on Atlassian Bitbucket v5.11.1.

Last synchronization failed with an error: Base checksum mismatch on

Could you please help?

Thanks,
Hatem

Hi Hatem,

sure, we would be glad to help you with that. However, we would need to investigate the issue to find out the cause and develop a solution. For that, we would need to check add-on and Bitbucket logs, could you please provide us with them? Repository-specific add-on logs reside at the following path on the Bitbucket server filesystem:

$BITBUCKETHOME/data/repositories/REPO_ID/subgit/logs

There are many svnmirror*.log files, please collect at least three latest.
Global add-on log and Bitbucket logs reside in the following directory:

$BITBUCKET_HOME/log

Add-on logs are called svnmirror*.log, atlassian-bitbucket*.log files are Bitbucket server logs. Please collect at least three lates files of both kinds, too.
Also, I’d like to note that version 3.4.3 is very old, it’s been release in the middle of 2018, so I’d recommend to update it to latest 3.4.10.

Hi Ildar,

Thank you for you response!

I collected the logs but I wasn’t able to upload them: (Sorry, new users can not upload attachments.) error.
Any suggestions?

Also please note that we are unable to update because of this: This app has an available update but your current license does not support it. Renew your license to proceed.

Thanks,
Hatem

Hi Hatem,

I changed our forum settings so that you can attach logs now. Please accept my apologies for the misconfiguration.

As for the software update, for that, you need an active license for SVN Mirror. According to my records, there are two active licenses in your company, one in the name of IT Assets Management (about to expire on April 9), the other in the name of Luis Teixera (valid till September 22, 2020).

With best regards,
Dmitry Linov

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for the update! No worries!

So the license in the name of Luis Teixera will allow us to upgrade the plugin?

Please find attached the log files.

Thanks,
Hatem

https://vbustashlogs.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/Logs.zip

Hi Hatem

thank you for the logs.

However, there are not all the logs that we need, I found only global add-on logs and Bitbucket log, repository-specific logs are absent there. Unfortunately, the repository-specific logs contain information that is not present anywhere else, so we definitely need them for analysis. The repository-specific add-on logs reside in the following directory:

$BITBUCKETHOME/data/repositories/REPO_ID/subgit/logs

REPO_ID is the repository number that can be found in the repository settings in Bitbucket. There should be svnmirror.log file – this is current log – and several svnmirror-.log file, which are archived files. Please send us the latest and a couple of earlier logs.

Thank you.

Hi Ildar,

Thank you for your response!

Please find attached the requested logs.RepoLogs.zip (2.0 MB)

Thanks,
Hatem

Hi Hatem,

thank you for the logs!

It looks from the logs, that the issue was caused by a bug that was fixed in latest add-on versions. This bug might lead to a situation when certain revisions might be missed in Git, what in its turn might lead to errors like this one. The first step to resolve the issue would be upgrading the add-on to the latest version 3.4.10. After the upgrade, the add-on should start repositories verification process and in this repository it should find out which one revision is missed. Please upgrade the add-on, wait the verification process to finish (it should be reflected on the Administration - SVN Mirror add-on page), check the repository status and if there is any error, please collect new logs. The new version of the add-on has a possibility to collect all the logs right in the UI, this is Support ZIP feature available on the Support tab in the add-on UI in the repository.

Hi Ildar,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, after upgrading the plugin to the latest version, we are still facing the same issue.

Please find attached the new logs.
https://vbustashlogs.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/svnmirror_support_r4035_20200406_123013_525.zip

Thanks,
Hatem

Hi Hatem,

thank you for the logs.
Judging from all the information we have by this moment, the file LangMapC.gen.cs is different on the Git and SVN side, but unfortunately the origin of the problem is not clear from the logs and even the verification process found no missed revisions or similar problems. A possible workaround for this case is to clone this repository to a new working copy, remove the LangMapC.gen.cs file and commit that, then add a correct version of this file and commit again. After that, these changes should be fetched to the original working copy and this should resolve the push problem.

Hi Ildar,

Thank you for your response!

The workaround worked for us. We are all set now!

Thanks,
Hatem