Have you ever been struggling with code spread between several repositories? If yes, then you probably know, how troublesome the native Git Submodules could be. There are a few alternatives, but none of them removes the burden from the end user completely or is a fully supported commercial product.
We used our repository mirror technology, perfected by SubGit and SVN Mirror, to create a new solution for this case - totally server-side.
- Add modules, selecting a branch and a path to include.
- No need to run any special commands or follow a specific sequence of actions.
- Users make no difference between external (module) files and their “parent” repository. One
git pullis good for all.
- Any Git client is supported out of the box.
- All updates to the external (module) repositories are fetched automatically.
- Various ways to insert commits from external modules into the “parent” history.
- Your favourite TMate Support!
Try it out - and tell us what you think!