How to stop or remove the branches from branches mapping configuration which is already mirrored

Hi Team,

How to stop or remove the branches from the branches mapping configuration which is already mirrored

ex:

For more details refer to TMate SubGit: SubGit/SVN Mirror Documentation pages.

trunk = trunk:refs/heads/trunk_mirror
branches = branches/6.1.673_dummy:refs/heads/6.1.673_dummy_do_not_branch
#branches = branches/6.2:refs/heads/6.2_do_not_branch

i have tried to stop the mirror commenting on the line branches/6.2:refs/heads/6.2_do_not_branch but it is failing with the below error

if I want to stop/pause the mirror for one of the branches how to do that?

Thanks,
Manju NS

any updates on this?

Hello Manju,

in general it is not safe to remove branches from the mapping for repository that is already mirrored and commits on that branch were already translated. I there would be new SVN revisions on another branch copied from that (removed) branch - that may cause sync to fail.

Recommended option is to rebuild mirror with the new mapping:

1. comment out branch mapping in “Branches Mapping” tab
  2. In “Support” tab specify “1” as “Rebuild from” revision and click “Rebild”.

Downsides of this option - rebuild will take time and, most important, rebuild will recreate Git commits with new SHA-1 hashes and users will have to re-clone repositories.

Another option is to rename SVN branch so that is no longer matches the mapping, on Git side you may also rename corresponding reference to make sure Git commits are not translated to SVN.

Hope that helps.