Incorrect Bundle-ExecutionEnvironment in osgi-SQLJet MANIFEST

Hello,
In the MANIFEST.MF of the osgi plugin org.tmatesoft.sqljet (which is packaged in the org.tmatesoft.svnkit Eclipse feature), there is an incorrect Bundle-ExecutionEnvironment.
The MANIFEST.MF of latest versions states

Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.5

whereas it should state J2SE-1.5 according to https://docs.osgi.org/reference/eenames.html
This was correct in the SQLJet 1.1.10 brought by SVNKit 1.8.5, but has regressed since then.

The unfortunate consequence is that one can not use SVNKit in a Tycho build, or it will fail with

org.apache.maven.InternalErrorException: Internal error: org.eclipse.tycho.core.osgitools.OsgiManifestParserException: Exception parsing OSGi MANIFEST /var/lib/jenkins/.m2/repository/p2/osgi/bundle/org.tmatesoft.sqljet/1.1.13.r1341/org.tmatesoft.sqljet-1.1.13.r1341.jar!/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF: Unknown OSGi execution environment: ‘JavaSE-1.5’

Would it be possible to fix it back to J2SE-1.5, or to consider upgrading it to JavaSE-1.6 (same as org.tmatesoft.svnkit) instead ?
Thanks in advance.

I am also encountering the exact same issue on my Jenkins build.

Blockquote[INFO] Fetching org.tmatesoft.sqljet_1.1.13.r1341.jar from https://dl.bintray.com/subclipse/svnkit-updates/1.10.2/plugins/ (0B of 902.89kB at 0B/s)
[INFO] Resolving class path of MavenProject: voxgeneration:com.voxgeneration.wavoo.core:3.6.0.RC62 @ /opt/bitnami/apps/jenkins/jenkins_home/sharedspace/DesignToolWorkspace/plugins/com.voxgeneration.wavoo.core/pom.xml
[ERROR] Internal error: org.eclipse.tycho.core.osgitools.OsgiManifestParserException: Exception parsing OSGi MANIFEST /home/tomcat/.m2/repository/p2/osgi/bundle/org.tmatesoft.sqljet/1.1.13.r1341/org.tmatesoft.sqljet-1.1.13.r1341.jar!/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF: Unknown OSGi execution environment: ‘JavaSE-1.5’ -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.InternalErrorException: Internal error: org.eclipse.tycho.core.osgitools.OsgiManifestParserException: Exception parsing OSGi MANIFEST /home/tomcat/.m2/repository/p2/osgi/bundle/org.tmatesoft.sqljet/1.1.13.r1341/org.tmatesoft.sqljet-1.1.13.r1341.jar!/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF: Unknown OSGi execution environment: ‘JavaSE-1.5’

It’s still unclear why this has changed but it has absolutely broken my Jenkins Build CI Pipeline and cannot build until this malform issue is resolved.
Can we get an update on this as soon as possible please?

@Caspervice note that you are using the SVNKit feature republished by Subclipse… not the official update site eclipse.svnkit.com/1.10.x/
Subclipse upgraded the version of SVNKit they use and completely made 1.8.x disappear from their update site. (but it is Subclipse-related, not SVNKit strictly speaking)

One possible workaround would be to stay with Subclipse 4.3.0 update site instead of the composite update site 4.3.X and to add other required updates sites manually. The problem is that you can’t add the required eclipse.svnkit.com/1.8.x/ update site to your Tycho build because it is not published correctly, so Tycho will not be able to read it.

If nothing happens here, I may republish the SVNKit 1.8.x update site myself and let you know where to find it. But this situation is far from ideal and I’d prefer an official fix (eventually republished by Subclipse or correctly published by SVNKit, see the topic no-repository-found-at-http-eclipse-svnkit-com-1-10-x/2388 ).

1 Like

I’ve tried this but unfortunately there isn’t a version 4.3.0 there is only a 4.3.x and /latest/

https://dl.bintray.com/subclipse/releases/subclipse/

subclipse_1

In addition to that I did try 4.3.0 & it’s basically the same exact same issue as 4.3.x as both their ‘org.tmatesoft.svnkit’ depend on the same ‘sqljet’ plugin, which is the root cause of this malform issue.

For the record, this has nothing to do with SQLJet being repackaged by Subclipse. The Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment header’s value of JavaSE-1.5 simply violates the OSGi spec. See my other forum post on this.

Is there any solution on this? Encountert the very same problem…