License question

We just started testing things on the “starter” license. One of the users accidentally committed a branch that had 1,000s of commits (from many users that are no longer at the company). IT didn’t realize what happened and just updated the license to trial to get around the hangup.
Once we realized what the developer did, I realized that it did convince subgit that we had more than 10 users pushing to git. We’ve since deleted that branch in our git repo. Will we still be able to use the starter license? Or are the pushed users tracked within subgit?

Hello!
I’m afraid yes, SubGit does track pushed users, so the branch deletion solely won’t resolve the issue. There’s a way to workaround that, however: if those users are not longer active, then they may be mapped to the same Git name in authors mapping file, like:

<svn user> = Git User <gituser@domain.com>
<svn user> = Another GitUser <another@domain.com>
<svn user> = Third User <third@domain.com>
…

With this configuration SubGit won’t be counting those Git users as separate committers and thus 10 users license will be possible to use.

Thanks, is there a way to extract out all of the known users?

You mean all the counted users? That can be done with the following command:

subgit register --print-committers <Path to repo>

It will print all the registered committers.

Great, thanks! One more quick question if you have an answer available. We aborted the process in subgit and deleted the branch in gitlab and now we have directories in branches called “in”, “into”, “completed” in our svn
branches​ folder. Is it safe to delete those?

Frankly said, I’m not sure what those folders are, SubGit does not create such directories in ‘branches’ for mirroring – actually, it does not create any directories in the repository. So I can’t tell for sure if it’s safe, might be some new code, I assume.

OK, it’s possible it’s some other artifact from the bad commit we did. Thanks for your time!