Obtain Project Name operation Failed

I have Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java Developers version 2021-12 with Subversive SVN client.
I have installed the SVN Connector "SVNKit 1.8.14 r10627 (SVN 1.9.0 compatible, all platforms).
I can connect to the SVN Repository, but when checking out the repository I get following error message:
SVN: ‘0x0040010b: Obtain Project Name’ operation finished with error: Unable to make field private java.lang.Throwable java.lang.Throwable.cause accessible: module java.base does not “opens java.lang” to unnamed module @3327406e
Unable to make field private java.lang.Throwable java.lang.Throwable.cause accessible: module java.base does not “opens java.lang” to unnamed module @3327406e

If I switch to "Native JavaHL 1.8.15 r1718365 (SVN 1.8.15), then it works.

Additional information:
I have an older version of Eclipse Neon with the SVN Connector for Eclipse, SVNKit 1.8.14 and that works.

Hello,
I believe this is the issue SVNKIT-761:

https://issues.tmatesoft.com/issue/SVNKIT-761

it has been fixed at r10812 of SVNKit trunk but haven’t got into any release yet. Once we release a new version (1.10.4, I guess), the problem should be fixed from SVNKit side.

What about a work-around, I have little experience with Eclipse but if you can replace SVNKit JAR in it somewhere, you could build it from the latest SVNKit sources and it won’t contain this bug anymore.

I think it would be easier to wait for a new release.

Hello sadri,

The SVNKit v1.10.4 has been released. It includes a fix to the problem you reported. Please download the new version here.

Hi there,

Great news, thank you!

I updated to SVNKit 1.10.4 and verified your fix.